Conceptions of the Misunderstood

No fuss and pretense. Just my thoughts hard and fast. Like the way I should be.

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Day she Said "Yes"

July 21, 2006 was a day that started for me like any other but ended in the most unique way. Along with the greats, its certainly going down the books as one of the most unforgettable days in my entire mundane life.

The day before was also something else but on that day, I did something I'm afraid I cannot disclose to anyone but it was still perfect. Thinking that I had one good day, I told myself that tomorrow was going to be ordinary. I can't be on a roll of perfection happening over 24 hours, it just doesn't come to me. But I proved myself wrong.
Classes came on normally just the way they always do. Quite boring if I may be honest. I was also anticipating the feeling to get really beaten up and tired for I was about to have a six-hour rehearsal for Remix '06 from about 6pm lasting until 12am. Apart from that, I had the task to interview people for the Filipi2 mtv/documentary that's going to be due soon and think of a way to snap some shots of stalls at the nearby Harrison Plaza selling pirated cd's or fake merch, still for Filipi2. But before I got to do those things, something happened...
Every Friday, after classes end at 2:20 in the afternoon, I would go to this cafe at school and have lunch with Ali, the silly girl I've been loving since I was thirteen. We've been together before from September 2002 to July 2004 and broke off. Something was telling me that this lunch was quite different from the ones we had. Before I got there, she even texted me that she was going to give me something that she was sure to claim that I'll like. And we had lunch. While I was eating, I already kept on asking her to give the thing to me so we can talk about it while I gobbled my meal down since we can only be together for 30 short minutes. But she insisted that I finish eating then she'll give it to me. So, feeling full, I asked what it was. She pulled out a picture of the two of us together from her bag and handed it to me. My initial unspoken reaction was "okay, this is it?" and so I looked at the back of the photo, thinking it means more than just that. There, written were the words I'd never ever forget "This is the last time things will be just about You and Me. From now until forever, it's going to be about US" I took about 2 seconds to process her words and after that tears started streaming from my eyes. I was surprised at my own reaction. And why wouldn't I be? I've been waiting for her to say yes for more than 2 years now and I couldn't believe what was happening. All too good to be true.
We ended that day like no other. We were both so happy. I never saw her as joyful as that. I had cramps on my left foot but I got to walk til Harrison and rehearse for more than 6 hours of hip-hop dancing and learn my very first breakdancing stunt.
I guess when you're too happy, you won't give a shit even to an amputated leg.
Happy pedestrian, signing off... for now

1 Comments:

Blogger Pandee said...

Ulul!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home