Conceptions of the Misunderstood

No fuss and pretense. Just my thoughts hard and fast. Like the way I should be.

Friday, March 31, 2006

A Beeyotch of a Summer



I was on the brink of having a beeyotch kinda summer. Let me do the bloody task of recounting the events that lead to this crime against humanity.

So i started the 2nd trimester of the school year (yes, it started that far) with a pretty tight budget. It got tighter, and tighter, and tighter then finally i got broke. Yeah, every college student's nightmare. But a bits of dough came my way, that's why I'm still alive tell it all. It was okay being broke 'cuz i didn't have anything major to spend on. So i vented out my energy on more entertaining things like studying (yuck!) and House music.

From the beginning of the month, i was transformed to a House addict. It was the only thing I listened to most of the time on my iPod. I was addicted to Anton Ramos and his Chillout Project House Sessions cd. Then a friend of mine gave me a Hed Kandi cd, another House delight. And I got to discover this wicked house dj Kaskade. This was how the month went on--all House. Kaskade, Anton Ramos, Hed Kandi all month long...

Then the nightmare happened. DJ Tiesto was coming to the country on March 31st. This I got to knoe about 2 weeks after the said date. So i accepted the fact that I won't be seeing the world's greatest dj for 2 years in a row in his first time in Manila 'cuz i was broke. I was quite pissed but i moved on since trance wasn't really that big for me. But that wasn't then end...

Hed Kandi was coming to Manila too. ON THE SAME FUCKING DATE! And that means I ain't watching them too! This was the breaking point for me. I got so pissed about things that sometimes, I'd just shut up and stare while listening to Hed Kandi on my iPod. The kicker: Anton Ramos was a guest DJ for Team Hed Kandi. SHIT! I mean SHIT!

This was the lowest point of my whole summer. Everything went bad and I started wondering if things could get any more sour. I told myself "Pano kaya kung si Kaskade pumunta rin dito." I started to kid myself that way knowing it was impossible. But the fuckeroonie of all circumstances happened...

I went surfing on the net to find out how much would a regular Hed Kandi ticket would cost me. So results came up with all the listing for the events this summer... Then i saw it, like a gun pointed at my forehead then bring shot.

KASKADE Live in Manila...

... Oh shit! Shit doesn't even sum up how shitty i felt! But that was the final straw. I told myslef, I have to ask money and watch Kaskade. I'll never let this one pass me by. My favorite dj of all time was coming here. He ain't Tiesto but I like him better...

And the saving grace came my way. Mom promised me to lend money for the event. I was so relieved. I never felt happier in my entire life. Cheesy it may sound, yes but that's the way it is.

Life's lesson? You have to swim out of deep shit once in a while. Work through your frustrations; don't let them work through you.

KASKADE Live in Manila! April 12 at the Coconut Palace, CCP! HAHA!!! I'm watching!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pandee said...

like yah blog.

---#0 fan

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home