Conceptions of the Misunderstood

No fuss and pretense. Just my thoughts hard and fast. Like the way I should be.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

ENOUGH WITH IT ALREADY!!!

I have a friend from Ateneo and i wondered if how they get through the hassle of enrollment 'coz i just did and I come from La Salle. Do they enroll online like we do?Asking my friend was not a choice since i didn't like to offend him and make him think i was coming on with a kayabangan question. So i just went online and searched the net for some answers. I entered "ADMU Online enrollment" on the yahoo! search tollbar and guess what poped out?

Millions of results, usually forum threads, with people bashing the Blue and Green side of things. Sometimes the Maroon gets dragged in. I was like "putang ina ng mga to! tigil na nga kayo!"

When will people get tired of comparing schools. Can we all please move on and study? I think it's the innate kayabangan in all of us that drives us to "comparison tragedies".

And i landed on this blog that dissed DLSU's marketing material that said "Reasons why La Salle is your best choice for higher education". And he went on dissing it by enumerating the reasons and comparing to UP's own share of credentials.
  • La Salle has 10 Centers of Excellence, UP has 24
  • LS has 4 Centers of Development, UP has 8
  • LS ranks 72 in Asia's best Universities Up's at 48

I would have been happy coz he provided fair view of things. He claimed "I don't hate La Salle, I just don't agree that credentials can justify a choice". And yes, I was still happy. But when it came to the point where he said, "I would have studied in LS if i didn't go to UP"... i was, well... never mind

So i posted a comment on his blog:

"biased… that is the only way i can remark this entry. well, it’s just La Salle vis-a-vis UP. and you, coming from UP would, of course, make UP better. And UP is not necessarily better in every way than La Salle. UP has its share of hits and so does La Salle.
We are all subjective, affected by the background we have. I would have given you the plaudits of making an objective insight of things but sorry. This is just one of the million opinions different people have about their OWN university. like “UP ako. Ikaw?”


And brother, San Beda? Better than UP and ADMU in Law? You gotta be kidding me. And La Salle’s opening College of Law in a few years. So watch out.


and yes. I AM FROM LA SALLE. UP ka? Ano ngayon?"

2 Comments:

Blogger A Stranger In the Mirror said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Pandee said...

I'd rather be green than be blue.

:-)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home